The Maritime Anti-Corruption Network (MACN) is a global non-for-profit business network working towards the vision of a maritime industry free of corruption that enables fair trade to the benefit of society at large. Established in 2011 by a small group of committed maritime companies, MACN has grown to include over 150 companies globally, and has become one of the pre-eminent examples of Collective Action to tackle corruption.
MACN collaborates with key stakeholders, including business, governments, civil society, and international organizations to identify and mitigate the root causes of corruption in the maritime sector. To meet this objective, MACN implements Collective Action projects at port level that address both the supply and demand side of corruption. Several stakeholders, including the UN, OECD, DANIDA, Siemens Integrity initiative, UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Transparency International, corporate foundations and government agencies have recognized and financially supported MACN’s efforts to facilitate trade and combat corruption in the global maritime supply chain.
The Member Relations Manager operates as an integral part of the global MACN team and will work together with CEO and the team, regional resources, communication resources, and students. The position will be primarily responsible for leading on member engagement, recruitment, managing MACNs member system, support Board papers, meetings, and all member related meetings as well as support on grant governance and project execution.
- Design, manage and lead MACN’s recruitment strategy
- This includes coordinate with the MACN communication lead and MACN Board
- Regularly review and suggest updates for website content on MACN as needed (homepage, events, articles, reports, etc.).
- Be responsible for MACN CRM system (maintenance and improvements)
- Develop MACNs value proposition and service offering together with MACN communication lead and the rest of the team
Finance and governance:
- Work closely with MACN CEO, Financial Controller, to support grant governance and reporting
- Arrange and support Board meetings
- Take notes, propose agendas and lead on Board related communication and MACN governance material
- Support MACNs Collective Action program with planning events, meetings, and content
- Lead planning for MACN member meetings and webinars (global and regional)
- Scheduling and managing calendars for specific meetings
- Managing office communications—fielding organizational phone calls, emails, and traditional mail
- Maintaining office services, including IT resources and facilities
- Lead on student and employee onboarding and off boarding
- Support on coordinating travel plans and completing bookings
- Representing office interests in relationships with external associates, including vendors, consultants, and members
- Support with accounting and booking keeping activities
- Providing as-needed support to CEO and the team